The Technology Development Fund (TDF) is a seed-stage academic catalyst fund dedicated to translating high-impact academic technologies into the independently-validated, later-stage opportunities sought by industry partners and investors. Technologies funded by TDF range from therapeutics and devices, to diagnostics and vaccines in both pediatric and adult indications.
The TDF cycle will open in May 2021. For information on TDF cycle details and deadlines, click here.
Additional events and opportunities can be found on our TIDO events page.
Fund promising technologies through two mechanisms:
- Pilot Grant – up to $50,000 to validate early-stage projects
- Development Grant – up to $150,000 to advance validated projects
Coach clinicians and scientists, through a broad network of advisors, to identify and reach key milestones toward product development
Partner with academic and corporate collaborators, including a network of 45 contract research organizations (CROs), to leverage technical and product development expertise for drugs, medical devices, and software
Manage projects and partnerships to maintain focus on development goals.
TDF by the Numbers
To date, we have had…
- Over $8.5M commitment to 70+ projects
- Over $35M in follow-on funding to Boston Children’s Hospital
- 14+ licenses with commercial partners
- 10+ new companies with over $100M in seed funding
- $10M+ in licensing revenue